Tuesday, February 24, 2009

"Grandma to Skiers" . . ."Grandma to Skiers"

From Sugarbush SKi

My husband and I were up in New England skiing this past weekend. While waiting for a lift, I noticed an older woman stopped at the base on her walkie talkie exclaiming, "Grandma to skiers, grandma to skiers". Of course this caught my attention, so I turned around to see who this woman was. She was probably about 65 years old, had a one-piece snow-suit on circa the 1980s, and was in great physical condition. She was obviously trying to find out where her grand kids were on the mountain. It made me smile and I felt inspired to see a gracefully aging woman hollering into a walkie-talkie, on skis, at the base of a mountain.
From Sugarbush SKi



It made me think about what my fitness goals are in life: 1. Be a positive role model to my clients, family, friends and someday children of my own. 2. Make an impact in the field of exercise science. 3. Be like this older woman . . .nothing is stopping her.

Whether your goals are to keep up with your kids, lose weight to look better, win that game or race, or just to improve your quality of life, I hope you can set your own goals and find people in this world to inspire you!

Set attainable goals. Stick to them. If you get slightly off path don't stray too far and find your way back quickly. And most of all Don't Make Excuses!

1 comment:

  1. You mean I don't get to be the first gramma to ski at Sugarbush - I guess the more the merrier!

    ReplyDelete